Support Worker (Hinckley)
Support Worker - fixed term temporary contract covering Maternity leave
Salary: £16,052.60 per annum
Contract length: duration is up to 12 months
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week which may include days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Location: Jubilee House- Hinkley
Have you got what it takes to be a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker, you will help people with mental health conditions or learning disabilities in their home or out in the community. This might include motivating someone to eat healthily or visit the gym, or providing support to a person with emotional problems.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people. What matters to us is your ability and determination to support people with mental health conditions and learning disabilities, and the values you can bring to Advance.
If you think a Support Worker role sounds right for you, you will need to be:
- Flexible to work on a rolling rota
- Good at working on your own and within a team
- Excellent at communicating with people
- Able to complete good quality support records
Benefits of working for Advance
We're a national, charitable organisation, supporting thousands of people across the U.K. We value our staff and the difference they make to the lives of our customers, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hours to fit around you and the needs of our customers
- Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
- Paid holiday
- Full, professional training and the opportunity to work towards care qualifications
- Free DBS check
- Support from an experienced manager
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career within Advance
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
Advance is regulated by the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.
We value diversity and therefore welcome applications from everyone interested in working at Advance. Advance are enrolled in the disability confidence scheme.
Advance Housing & Support Ltd reserves the right to close this job once sufficient applications have been received.