Software Engineer - Java
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop innovative solutions that power our clients’ businesses and customers’ lives. You’ll join a team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high-quality software and new products. You’ll update teams and key stakeholders on the progress of what’s being developed. Best of all, you’ll be sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists.
We're looking for highly motivated purpose-driven individuals with a passion for developing technologies with global impact.
- UNIX/Linux experience, and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Solid experience with Oracle (or other large RDBMS), data modelling, and performance tuning
- Experience using build tools like Jenkins, Maven or Gradle, ANT and source control tools like GIT/Bitbucket in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture
- Working experience on micro-services or Spring boot based applications is preferred
- Full development& project life cycle experience. Strong testing discipline, Experience of Source control & Change management systems
- Excellent Analytical, logical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to consolidate information from various user groups, analyse the requirements and propose a pragmatic solution
- Superb organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to think locally& execute globally
- Quick-thinking, intelligent, pragmatic, with a love of problem-solving using technology with an ability to quickly translate requirements into sound technical designs and implementation
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience of working in financial services especially Investment Banking or equivalent environment
- Good understanding of one or more asset classes – Fixed Income products preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of financial modelling, P&L, and risk
- Ideally the candidate should have 5+ years of work experience in a financial services environment delivering outstanding technical solutions
- Ideally to master’s degree level in CS, Math or engineering discipline or equivalent
- Strong Java development. Working with Perl/Python will be plus; OS: Linux, Windows
- Some UI Development experience especially combination of .NET UI working with Java back-end
- Understanding/Experience of RDBMS is required
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Req #: 200004252
Location: Buenos Aires, C AR
Job Category: Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
Potential Referral Amount: 16484 Argentine Peso (ARS)