Senior Project Officer
- Contract - Until June 2020, potential extension 6 months
- Clearance - Baseline
- Early February Start
As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a Senior Project Officer on a contract until June 2020, with potential extensions of 6 months.
About the Role:
Our Client delivers social, health and other services to individuals, families, communities, businesses and healthcare providers. Project staff work across a range of business and ICT areas and support projects administered by the department. Senior Project Officers support the delivery of the department's projects.
Working under the limited direction of senior staff, they play a role in managing straightforward projects, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide specialist advice to ensure the consistent delivery of project outputs. They may provide leadership to a team of project staff, including setting work priorities and managing staff performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- manage and coordinate straightforward projects
- develop and manage project plans and schedules in accordance with the department's project management framework
- contribute to the development of team objectives for short term tasks and strategic planning for longer-term initiatives support and mentor staff, including coaching and training to build knowledge and capability provide specialist advice and technical expertise to staff and stakeholders
- perform independent research work and analysis including the preparation of draft reports on relevant project activities coordinate regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports
- prepare draft written material including business cases, plans, executive briefs and corporate documentation
- monitor project budgets, review and report on expenditure and assist with procurement and contract management identify and assist with the management of project risks, issues and benefits
- contribute to project quality management to ensure that project deliverables are fit for purpose and meet client needs
- contribute and support the development and implementation of improvements and best practice in processes and procedures develop and support stakeholder relationships to deliver projects
- represent the team or work area in a range of forums, including conferences, meetings and seminars
- Exercise delegations appropriate to role in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management frameworks and policies the programmes and services administered by the client's relevant service models, including the client's Service Delivery Operating Model legislation, policies, procedures and information management requirements relevant to the work area people policies and procedures including leave and performance management guidelines relevant business systems and tools the departments privacy, ethics, workplace health and safety and security protocols.
- Ability to supervise, guide and develop staff apply knowledge of project and programme management frameworks communicate effectively and adapt communication style appropriate to the audience develop and support stakeholder relationships demonstrate personal resilience plan, organise and prioritise work in the context of competing priorities research and make decisions based on sound judgement, expertise and knowledge collaborate with other staff in immediate work area and in other areas of the department.
- Hold, be working towards or an ability to obtain an industry recognised qualification in project management, such as:
- Certificate IV in Project Management
- [email protected] Foundation
The successful candidate will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline security clearance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting "Apply for this job". Alternatively you can call Neville Smith on or email for further discussion.