Senior Civil Engineer / Senior Water Engineer
Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a Senior Water Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer to support/ lead the technical aspects of water engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of exciting projects principally within existing water frameworks, major strategic projects and development infrastructure projects.
This post will be based out of Bristol where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major on-going infrastructure projects including water frameworks, development projects, nuclear and defence schemes. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we have a number of major opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities.
As a specialist water engineer and having already achieved Chartered Engineer status, you would take ownership of projects and be responsible for managing, developing more junior engineers. You may also be required to spend some time in client’s offices or on site. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development and training for the right candidate. If you have a passion for water engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, to required budget and deadlines.
- Lead co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated water and wastewater designs/solutions
- Assist in implementing our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
- Assist in developing the Atkins’ Infrastructure Civil Engineering business within the UK and overseas, delivering business development targets set by the Practice Manager.
- Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of Clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure repeat business.
- Ensuring the quality of project work meets the agreed standards and specifications.
- Be client focused and able to develop good working relationships with clients; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
- Liaise with and support other Project Managers and Directors across the wider UK home and international markets.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Have a proactive commitment to Health and Safety and good knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements
- Hold a current CSCS, EUSR and National Water Hygiene Card
- Be Chartered with a relevant organisation
- Demonstrable experience within a Water Engineering Design environment. In addition to this other heavy civil engineering experience (energy, maritime, geotechnical, industrial) would also be advantageous.
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil and Water Engineering
- Appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, SUDS design, highway and other key legislation requirements
- Experienced in ensuring services meet required quality standards through Quality planning and Control
- Previous experience working on UK Water frameworks/ D+B environment and Developer infrastructure projects
- Have experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering design teams
- Possess the ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams delivering projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
- Be available to travel across UK and occasionally overseas.
- Valid driving licence
- Proactive commitment to health and safety
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation), or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.