12 HOUR SHIFTS - DAYS/NIGHTS/WEEKENDS SCHEDULE (Subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH AJAX/PICKERING
We are currently looking for Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager of Emergency, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. The RN Emergency will provide care to a diverse patient population including paediatrics, cardiology, obstetrics/gynaecology, trauma, medicine and psychiatry.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level;
- ACLS and PALS;
- Critical Care and/or Emergency Certificate from a recognized institution, asset;
- Health Assessment course or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of (1) year of current Emergency and/or (2) years Medical/Surgical nursing experience;
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations;
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff/community;
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound clinical judgement;
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing education and learning;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Proven commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public;
- Demonstrated understanding of and, commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety program and practices including staff, patient, and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this are; and
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance.
SALARY; $33.23 to $47.57 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.