BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator for our facility in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for planning, estimating, reporting and cost management tasks through the life cycle of each assigned project.
- Develop cost estimates that are realistic and competitive on complex and/or high risk projects.
- Prepare financial reports necessary for internal assessment of project, earned value cost/sell reporting.
- Provide recommendations on the optimization of scope/cost/schedule in support of project objectives.
- Analysis of commercial terms including cash flow projections, bonus / penalty scenarios, Sell Price Analysis.
- Other project-based commercial work such as rate management, task code creation, budgeting, risk analysis, contingency management, productivity metrics, supporting the business forecasting cycle.
- Budget allocation and support of contract changes through project life cycle.
Job Qualifications /Requirements:
- Sound knowledge of planning and estimating principles acquired through hands-on experience, ideally within a field and/or shop environment.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Strong mathematical skills with a good understanding of business accounting.
- Ability to understand technical scope of work in sufficient detail to apply the appropriate work breakdown structure.
- Interpret field / contractual limitations into planning constraints.
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of estimating and cost management concepts such as cash flow, earned value, escalation, critical path analysis, WBS, etc.
- Competency in Microsoft Office products, in particular MS Excel.
- Effective team player and customer focused.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.