Personal Assistant - 11 Month FTC Maternity Cover (Happy To Talk Flexible Working)
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Personal Assistant role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. Providing PA support for the Audit team for 1 Partner & 3 Directors. Will be required to be proactive at all times regarding diary management & travel, act as a gatekeeper, process timesheets and expenses. Prepare and format pitch documents and agendas using Powerpoint.
- Be a part of a team. PA role as part of the North West support team who form part of the National Business Support Team. Based in the Manchester office and providing PA support for members of the Audit team (1 Partner 3 Directors). Working alongside other PA’s and Team Secretaries in the North West Support team (2 EA’s, 7 PA’s and 6 Team Secretaries) and reporting into an EA as people manager of the NW support team
- Take responsibility. You will be responsible to work alongside Partners & Directors to assist with their everyday secretarial needs and deliver a high level PA support. You will be measured on performance by obtaining regular feedback.
The minimum criteria
Applicants must have experience of working as a Personal Assistant, providing support to senior management in a professional services firm
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Complex diary management skills – reviewing diaries and making proactive decisions
- Booking travel and making cost savings decisions
- Use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint in delivering clients reports, presentations and proposals
- Managing the Firm’s inhouse CRM system
- Completing own and Partner timesheets and expenses
- Event management
- Experience of acting as a gatekeeper for senior management team
- Working within a team and building good relationships
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership : Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility : The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Life at Grant Thornton