- Leading Not for Profit Association within Aged Care
- Designing & delivering training
- Flexible work arrangements
Alzheimer's Queensland (AQ) is one of Queensland's leading not-for-profit organisations helping maintain the quality of life for people diagnosed with dementia and their caregivers. We pride ourselves on being innovative and exceeding our clients' and residents' expectations - so that people with dementia, the frail aged and their families benefit.
AQ operates four residential care facilities, four multi-service respite centres, home care packages, community-based programs, transitional care program, Allied Health services and a registered training organisation. We also provide support and educational programs throughout Queensland. AQ is a well-established leader in the aged care sector, with a company culture where staff, residents and clients alike are highly valued.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly-skilled Registered Nurse to join our team as Nurse Educator. The Nurse Educator will be responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering education to AQ staff as well as the wider community.
You will be responsible for delivering the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) modules along with implementing new modules. Working in collaboration with other managers of the Association you are required to achieve performance and growth within AQ's education services.
You will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a range of professional development activities and provide support to nursing staff both internally and externally. Vital to your success will be your ability to provide an innovative range of training programs and workshops to facilitate learning.
Your role will not only be focused on the education of external parties, our staff are the key to our high standard of services meaning you will be a vital part in their ongoing training and development. There is room for development in this space and with your collaborative skills, you will work closely with our managers to form new partnerships and connections to grow the services.
Ideally, the successful applicant will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in nursing or health related
- Current registration APHRA or equivalent body;
- A Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- A motivated and enthusiastic Clinical Nurse Educator with highly developed clinical and communication skills;
- Has a proven track record in developing and delivering health related education and professional development program
- Work collaboratively to develop and maintain educational programs and contribute the ongoing success in this area
- Obtain a National Police Check
- Hold a current Australian Opens Driver Licence
- Must possess well-developed business acumen
- Ability to travel
This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your career. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to secure an outstanding candidate capable of performing in this exciting, challenging and autonomous position.
Please submit your CV and Cover letter to the HR Manager. Applications that do not provide a Cover Letter addressing the role requirements outlined within this advertisement will not be reviewed for this role.
If you are enthusiastic and can demonstrate empathy and understanding towards the needs of older people we would love to hear from you.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Talent Acquisition on . To learn more about the great things we do please visit our website