National Accounts Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
The national accounts manager collaborates with our national suppliers ensuring our programs, integrations, customer service quality and ongoing relationships are strong, efficient and effectively managed. This role is responsible for managing the entire integrations account set-up process as well as other various Avenue5 standard programs. The national accounts manager oversees the national accounts specialists and is ultimately responsible for ensuring the success of the integrations’ setup and compliance within the programs and supplier network.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Provide guidance, mentorship, support and discipline when necessary for the national accounts specialist team and create a positive company culture for associate retention.
- Manage the overall setup of the national supplier partner program for all onboarding properties and any existing properties.
- Manage the overall compliance on our preferred national partner programs and products; provide reports and findings to leadership as well as recommendations where applicable.
- Research, review and interpret sales data and report findings to key stakeholders as well as make recommendations to increase sales and create efficiencies in the sales process, where applicable.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of new national programs.
- Act as liaison for internal teams as related to national suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree emphasis in accounting and/or business preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in purchasing, procurement, or sourcing national suppliers is required.
- Two to three years of experience in Yardi Voyager or other equivalent system is preferred.
- One to two years of property management experience preferred.
- One to two years of experience in Salesforce or other equivalent system is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Intermediate level knowledge with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including Excel functions).
- Proven ability to firmly manage challenging situations, negotiate pricing, improve quality, reduce lead times and strengthen partnerships with quality suppliers.
- Possess a basic understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and a desire to learn.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing and Preventing Discrimination and Harassment training and other courses if assigned.
- Typically, normal business hours.
- Ability to travel (5%)
- Exposure to environment typically found in an office building.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.