Insurance And Risk Officer (1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Job Title: Insurance and Risk Officer (1 year fixed term contract)
Post Number: IA0007
Location: Civic Centre
Salary: £31,675 - £33,071 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (banking 30 minutes per week to be used towards the shut down between Christmas and the New Year)
A self-motivated individual is required to join Harlow Council’s small insurance team in the role of Insurance and Risk Officer on a 1 year fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for maintaining the Council’s insurance policies, insurance records and taking responsibility for the full claims handling process. In addition, you will provide support for implementation of the Council’s insurance strategy, assist in the management of the Council’s internal insurance fund and provide risk management advice and support to Services.
You will have a good knowledge of statutory obligations, insurance policies, wordings and claims handling, working knowledge of insurance legislation and be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to risk management.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Support implementation of the Council’s Insurance Strategy.
- Provide Risk Management advice and support to Services.
- Ensure insurance programme is maintained to minimise the Council’s exposure to financial loss and liability.
- Provide advice and support on insurance related matters.
- Support development and implementation of modern and cost effective insurance claims handling procedures and methodologies and ensure compliance.
- Assist with management of the Councils’ internal insurance fund.
- Manage staff in the insurance team.
- Maintain and monitor insurance information and procedures.
- Maintain on-going effective external relationships with the Council’s insurers, actuaries, solicitors, brokers and other Councils as appropriate.
- Collect, analyse, interpret and report on financial information and relevant performance indicators.
You will need to be available to work or attend meetings outside of normal working hours.
A driving licence and access to a car or other satisfactory means of transport is required for this post.
Contact: Stuart Moseley, Insurance and Risk Manager,
Closing Date: Sunday 1 March 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed