EMEIA Tax Brand, Marketing & Communications Leader (Associate Director/Senior Manager)
Sub Function: Global Tax BMC
Job Rank: Associate Director
The tax and business environment is dominated by change as the market experiences unprecedented developments in tax legislation, including global trade and customs. Compounding all this is the rapid pace of technology advancements and affordability is making it easier for companies to challenge all functions and reimagine how they work and operate. In this increasingly complex era, EY Tax is building a better working world by fostering a new standard of service – helping clients revolutionize their tax functions, legal departments and human resources to become agile, cross-border, digitally-enhanced operators as the next waves of innovation continue to break.
Your key responsibilities
Working collaboratively with colleagues in EMEIA, Global Tax and the wider BMC team, the Leader will orchestrate communications programs that support EY Tax as the most respected and preferred tax brand, and in doing so, cultivate a sense of pride among our professionals. Supporting the EMEIA Tax Leader, the EMEIA Deputy – Tax, the effective candidate will be able to set the leadership communications agenda and develop messaging that both engages and inspires internal and external stakeholders. Building the external profiles and visibility of the EMEIA Tax Leader and other leaders as well as helping to raise EMEIA Tax in the external dialog around key issues is an increasingly important responsibility.
The Leader is also accountable for providing strong leadership, management and governance that upholds EY standards, quality and brand guidance.
Serve as BMC executive sponsor of key events, (i.e. Executive Tax Update, aHead of Tax) overseeing content, presentation execution and brand elements
Work directly with the EMEIA Tax Leader to execute all aspects of brand, traditional and digital marketing, external visibility and communications, while also leading the development of other key Tax leaders’ thought leadership and profiles
Collaborate with Global Tax BMC and EMEIA BMC colleagues on key programs, campaigns and initiatives, including media relations and social media, that span markets and continents to support our global mindset, consistent branding and relevant messaging
As a member of the EMEIA Tax Leadership team, provide BMC counsel that inspires our Tax, People Advisory Services and Law professionals on how we can succeed in the markets we serve
Success in this role will be demonstrated through the establishment of trusted BMC advisor relationships with EMEIA Tax executives, delivering robust reporting, supervising the EMEIA Tax BMC colleague to best meet business objectives and manage key stakeholders, while executing marketing and communications strategy and plans.
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and networking skills – able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of internal and client facing professionals
- Ability to work in a high pace, agile environment, managing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, high impact messages
- Ability to consult, plan, execute and report simultaneously
- A track record of developing creative and credible ideas for content and communications
- Strong understanding of business strategy and economic concepts and disruptive innovation required to keep up with latest developments, including the environmental factors that may impact EY and its markets, particularly in the areas of technology and regulation
- Experience in a cross-border role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at an Area or Global level
- 10 years+ mid-senior level internal and external communications experience in B2B environment
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and channel management
- Good understanding of the relationship between internal communications and external marketing
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills and abilities
- Practical understanding of public relations and social media strategy and ability to see through execution
- Proven experience in program and event concept and content execution, and the design and delivery of project KPIs and metrics
- High level of influencing and networking skills
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in within BMC and beyond
- Experience with the use of a variety of digital channels to deliver initiatives to targeted buyers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.Apply now.