£23,400 - £29,400 plus benefits (Grade F)
Manchester City Centre
We’re looking for someone to join us and support a new venture at Co-op. You’ll be a key part of and a valued member of our marketing team within a new insurance business at Co-op. A business which allows us to collaboratively build and distribute insurance products which suit our customers, members and the communities we serve need. It’s a business venture which focusses on our strengths; marketing, data, customer insight & experience and partner relationship management.
As campaign support you’ll provide support on the full breadth of marketing activities, and to a team of approximately 10. You’ll have a varied job, giving you lots of opportunity to learn and develop your marketing knowledge. Essentially this job will involve; the planning and delivery of campaigns, some financial planning including keeping track of budgeting and invoices (don’t worry you don’t need to be a finance professional), pulling together reports, and providing general support where needed to your marketing colleagues.
Some of what you’ll do
- support delivery of campaigns including working with external agencies to agree delivery plans and cost estimations, planning and raising POs
- manage the lifecycle of marketing assets including approval, reviews, changes and archiving, ensuring that Co-op Insurance processes are followed and it’s on track
- share learnings with wider marketing team to inform optimisation of campaigns
- day-to-day monitoring of campaigns and reacting to outcomes and/or issues
- support the delivery of multi-product, multi-channel, multi-frequency campaigns in a result driven business
This role would suit people who have
- the passion and energy to work at pace in a start-up environment
- some marketing experience or a strong ambition to learn and develop a career in marketing
- a confident ability to plan, organise and prioritise work
- the flexibility to adapt to requirements, with some experience working to agile methodologies being advantageous although not essential
- experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel at a basic yet confident level and ideally some knowledge of CRM systems
- a strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to problem solve
- a background working in financial services or a regulated industry would be ideal, but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.