Published:2020-02-27T02:00:28+01:00About the role
As an Auditor (AO4), you are a member of a number of audit teams, working with a supervisor. You work on a range of financial audits for clients throughout Queensland.
In this role you will:
- undertake financial audit field work and research
- collect audit evidence, investigate and analyse data to support the audit program
- contribute to the development of financial audit reports including reports to parliament
- participate in organisational improvement initiatives
Some of our benefits
- Investment in your professional and personal development
- Regular performance feedback and development planning
- Flexibility in work hours and working arrangements
- Innovative workspaces designed to support collaboration
- CBD work location close to public transport, parking, City Botanic Gardens, exercise facilities and a wide range of retail and food outlets
- Active social club
- … and more, just visit QAO Careers for information.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Sound knowledge of audit methodology, accounting policy and practice
- Business acumen with good analysis and investigative skills
- Ability to manage competing demands
- Confident interpersonal skills and effective communication
- Sound written communication for high-profile reports
- Ability to deliver planned work to a quality standard
- Willingness to demonstrate the QAO values to engage, challenge, deliver and care
The Queensland Audit Office is the independent auditor of the Queensland public sector. We strive to use our unique position and mandate to achieve QAO's vision – better public services for Queenslanders.
To apply, please click Apply online and submit your resume with a cover letter (no more than two pages please) demonstrating your suitability to meet the role responsibilities in the Role Description. A statement addressing selection criteria is not required.
For more information about the role please see the Role Description.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Kate Snyman, Resource Manager, on .This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.