Application Support Engineer - R&D
The Production Technology department at DNEG is responsible for creating and supporting the technology used by our artists and the software infrastructure required by a multi-site, global studio. With multiple film projects running in parallel, from the projects’ initial design, to production and post-production, there are complex problems that arise through thousands of artists producing tens of thousands of shots and sharing assets.
As an Application Support Engineer in our core R&D team, you will be responsible for providing technical support and solutions to issues surrounding the framework through which all our data flows. This framework comprises many in-house tools and workflows as well as industry-standard software. It supports the creative process and is highly configurable in order to meet the varying needs of Visual Effects, Feature Animation and TV production.
Our Application Support Engineers are highly logical and customer-oriented in their approach to solving interesting and complex problems. Alongside providing software support in person and remotely via phone and email, it’s important all issues, tasks and changes are tracked through our ticketing system. They work in a busy team so the prioritisation of tasks is vital, all the while ensuring everyone is kept up to date with the progress of their query.
You will be required to:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to our artists as they use our framework of tools, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Set up and configure tools and workflows for new shows with production teams .
- Liaise with our core Software Engineers to establish support workflows and optimise platforms for data sharing.
- Write technical documentation and workflow guides for artists and developers to use.
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of proprietary and off-the-shelf software.
- Validate your work with methodical and rigorous testing.
We support a large number of tools, software packages and workflows as part of our pipeline and this can lead to a high volume of support requests. You will thrive in this role if you are able to work collaboratively and proactively while working to tight deadlines.
Your communication and interpersonal skills will set you apart in this role and your ability to build sustainable, positive relationships with artists and Production staff will help you excel.
This is an excellent route into the Production Technology department at one of the largest Visual Effects studios in the world. You will be at the heart of some of the most exciting Visual Effects and Animation work in the industry and will be integral in making these shows possible.
- Experience in a technical support role, ideally in a service desk environment or a internal customer facing environment.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience of Linux and OS X operating systems.
- Confidence navigating ambiguity and providing your own solutions to problems.
- Initiative and the ability to be proactive in an agile environment with many competing priorities.
Nice to have
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience with source control systems and collaborative development.
- Previous work experience in Visual Effects, Games or another related industry.
- Familiarity with VFX software packages, such as Houdini, Maya, Clarisse and Nuke.
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.